Страници

сряда, 3 септември 2014 г.

Facts Conveyed, Facts Convoyed

What a moving report from the Middle East I watched a few days ago. Two funerals in less than a minute! Yet I had the impression that the facts were not reported as they were. They were not conveyed by the media-, they were convoyed.
The first part of the report covered the funeral of a Palestinian child. The relatives mourning and crying, blood on their faces (obviously it has remained unwashed since the day of the tragedy), piercing screams to hear along with the voice-over. This part of the report lasted around 30 seconds – enough for a detailed explanation of the situation.
The second part showed the funeral of an Israeli soldier. No sound from the site, only the reporter’s voice. This part lasted five or six seconds so I was not able to even notice the faces of the people whether they were sad of happy, or indifferent. Less than ten seconds are only enough for a couple of words.
To conclude, I should say that it seems to me (express my doubts) that media convoy the facts rather than convey them.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар